Be Good to Yourself to Sell Your Book Online
If there’s one resource that every writer must protect, and develop, it’s his mind. It’s quite easy to quicly lose your faith in yourself, and to think of giving up, if you start to listen to other people: on the web, in forums, on chats, on blogs, you’ll always find some people to criticize your work. You must be able to look at it in a professional way, but don’t be disturb by silly (or nasty) comments!
So, what can you do, to avoid this situation?
1) Know what you want. What do you really want? To find a traditional publisher? To publish on the Web, or to make an ebook, to manage your books through self-publishing services? Whatever your choice is, assume it, look for what you need to achieve your goal, and go for it! Do not lie to yourself!
2) Focus on what you want. As step 1, be clear: are you so sure you want to write a best-seller? Why not just be yourself… Do you prefer writing poetry? OK, so write poetry, write the book you feel in your heart and in your brain.
To bring a project to life, get rid of the expectations of others, and focus on your own desire. It is equally important to know what we want, that to know what we don’t want. It eliminates many dead ends, mistakes, and it goes faster.
3) Get rid of beliefs and rumours. Find real information and check it, choose a trusted advisor (an already published author in your case), ask the professionals or ordinary people who have been there before. You can quickly learn a lot this way. Do not listen to your brother or your girlfriend when they confuse self-publishing, blogging and print on demand. Find good, useful information and tips.
And don’t be afraid of your task: everyone can write, it is hard, demanding, but it remains an art that anyone can practice. Why would you be disqualified? Do not attend forums or groups on editing and writing (or be very careful): most of the time, you will just find complaints from wannabees!
4) Visualize your book. Talk to your characters if you write a novel, imagine the different chapters of your essay, recite your poems, live with your creation, make it a part of your everyday life, visualize everything you can. Reprogram your brain and constantly seeks light, not darkness. Be yourself, without vanity, but don’t be ashamed of what you really are. You must believe in yourself so that others can believe in you.
5) Let’s go! Do not get obsessed with your book: it must be a part of your life, not replace it. Talk to your friends, go into the forest, watch some movies, have fun and enjoy your life. Read your book again and again. Find and fix any mistakes. Rewrite a lot. Find a balance between your life, your social life, and your book. And remember: in order to sell your book online, you have to make first it as good as you can.